Sunday, October 23, 2011
My first grade friends have discovered the song 'Dynamite' that is popular on the radio. They sing it all the time. It is the type of song that sticks in your head and makes you a little crazy! I thought I would use that to my advantage. I took a piece of the song and changed the lyrics so that it taught them about the compliments of ten. We call it 10-oh. We sing it without any background music. (If you want to listen to the song, use a version fit for first graders-like the one by KidsBop on iTunes). My first graders were so excited they even want to make hand motions to go with it and perform it. I will let you know what happens.
Friday, October 7, 2011
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Thank you so much from Cindy from love2learn 2day for the Versatile Blogger Award! I love visiting her blog every Monday!
This blog was started as a way for a few teachers in my district to communicate and archive great math activities-I never thought anyone else would become interested in what we were gathering.
In order to accept this award I need to:
*Link back to the blogger who awarded me this award.
*Share 7 things about myself.
*Nominate 15 other blogs.
Here we go...
- This is my twenty-first year teaching first grade.
- I climb skyscrapers (I always have to clarify that I climb the steps-not on the outside -when I tell my first graders!) to raise money for asthma research every year.
- I actually met the sisters who wrote The Daily 5.
- My family and I go on two vacations every year-one is to a historical attraction and one is to hang out on the beach in Michigan.
- I love my iPad.
- This blog came about because a group of teachers in my district decided we wanted to find out more information about Guided Math so we started our own study group.
Here is my list of favorite blogs. You may want to check them out!
- Let's Play Math
- Primary Graffiti
- Swamp Frog First Graders
- Math Made Fun
- Mrs. Patton's Patch
- Organized Chaos
- Oceans of First Grade Fun
- The Techy Teacher
- Guided Math
- Math Is Not A Four Letter Word
- Fun in First Grade
- Mrs. Bainbridge's Class
- Castles and Crayons
- First Grade Teaching
- 1st Grade with Miss Snowden